Friday, June 24, 2011

A Little More.

Jeff and I decided that we were familiar enough with the city to find our way to not only the school, but also all the local sights on the way. We wanted to be more familiar with the city. It turns out that we are not in San Jose. We’re in San Pedro. It is like the Harrisville to Ogden, or the Ogden to Salt Lake City. It’s a big city still, just not nearly as big as San Jose.

Let me start over. Jeff and I thought we were familiar enough with San Pedro to allow ourselves to find the destinations we sought. Turns out we were wrong. We got turned around somehow and were somewhere that was not where we thought we were. We didn’t feel unsafe, though. We figured that if we just walked in a constant direction for long enough, we’d eventually find our way. Again, wrong. We did however find that if we took a bus to the mall, we would be at the mall. So we did. This was a much better option than taking a Taxi, as it saved us close to 4 dollars.

Classes are going well. They aren’t incredibly different from the classes at Weber State University, which is good. I was expecting something much more difficult. The best part is, our conversation class instructor is super gorgeous. He’s got a really good but that Christa and I have a great appreciation for. There are about 9 people in our class and we’re all getting to know each other really well. Even making friends in other classes during lunch time and outside the school altogether. After class, Jeff and I came home to a delicious meal of “sopa calabaza” (pumpkin soup,) and asparagus quesadillas. De. Lic. I. Ous. Our momma tika is a very good cook. After dinner, Jeff and I got drunk in our bedroom with a bottle we picked up after school at the local market. It was amazingly hilarious. We had a very deep conversation and we got to know each other. I’m really grateful that I like my roommate. Not only do I enjoy spending time with him, but he becoming a really good friend. That’s all for tonight, even though this was last night. Perhaps tomorrow I’ll have more time to write and keep you all updated on Wednesday and the current day.

After classes, a bunch of us went to the movies. We figured that because it was 2 for 1 night, we could get a good cultural experience for a little price. Wrong.

Just so you all know, it is very difficult for me to keep up on my posts. For this, I apologize. My house that I'm staying at doesn't have internet, so it is exretemely difficult to get on the computer and write. I'm going to try my hardest to keep you all updated. This weekend, tomorrow actually, Saturday, we're going to Punta Leona. It is a resort or something on the Pacific coast. I'm really excited. It will be a blast! Have fun wherever you are.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment