Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Baby Solves All of Life's Problems.

Here's the scoop: Brother gets divorce, brother gets girl friend pregnant. But not in that order... Regardless of how it went down, it went down. Honestly, I laughed when I was told he was pregnant. I thought it was hilarious. Then I started thinking about the baby. My usual baby thoughts aside, I began to feel bad for her/him. He/she would be brought up in a shotgun family. No one likes that idea.

Things actually are better than I thought they would be. When I moved out in the fall, the couple commandeered my bedroom in the house--making it their own. Immediately painting the walls grey after having them Red/Green/Yellow/Blue for so long, moving in their shit, and even decorating with stupid flowers, etc. They made a space for their new family, inside a family that already existed. I'm a bit surprised to say that it is working. The baby has since been born, and is now going on two months of age. She's a quiet baby, which is exactly what I was hoping for, but not expecting. The only time she bothers me is when someone wakes up at what-ever-the-fuck-in-the-morning and rocks her back and forth in their arms. The swaying from side to side makes the floor above me creak. Fuck that shit-I hate it!

My feelings on children are generic. They're stinky, loud, and they don't contribute anything to society. Lilee poops a lot, but I'm told it doesn't stink yet. She hardly ever cries, and when she does I can usually calm her down by just moving around a little bit. Although, It proves more challenging to relax her when she's hungry. Hell hath no fury like a baby who's hungry. It is true, however, that she just sits there. To be fair, she isn't old enough to get a job and bring in some real family income, so I guess I can't recent her for that. I actually like that she doesn't move around a lot. It makes it easier to hold her. Speaking of which, I love to hold her. She's so goddamn cute! She watches me watch cartoons, eat cheese, and make silly faces at her. But mostly she just watches which ever light bulb is closest to her.

I have to say, I love that she lives here. I love being able to hold my pretty pretty Monkee every day. She's one beautiful baby girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment