Sunday, December 13, 2009

All the Stages

maybe we should start at the beginning. on May 19, 2009, i met a boy. his name is Nick. despite our fantastic week of romance, lust, and passion, he slowly became someone i loved, and hated. our first date was magical, we went to bear lake and sat in the water under the stars. the first kiss was magical, as assisted by moonlight. a midsummer nights dream, if you will. after we began dating, i quickly fell for him. giving him my everything. i was in love. but unfortunately, he did not return the favor. he told me he loved me, but he didn't mean it. he never did. and after a sinking ships waves its final goodbye, that chapter of my life was over.
struggling to cope, i bottled a lot of my frustration. talking to only those who knew enough about me to care. Cortney, Bridget, Chelsea, and my new friend Sam. Sam has been keeping an eye on me. She was watching me, hoping that one day, I would be ready to date again. Sam has a friend. his name is Taylor. Sam really wants me to date Taylor, so i start talking to him. at first, i had the impression that he didn't like the idea of me at all. every attempt to contact him was a failure, with no reply. But then, a response. Taylor is a very busy man. with two jobs at a time, school, some very conservative parents, and a heart as big as the poverty level, he doesn't have time to remember to change his routine. For the longest time, Taylor and I talked back and forth, asking questions, figuring out who each other was. Then we had our first date. It was an entire day of fun. several dates followed after that first, each marvelous, but could not quite touch number one.
On August 16th, 2009, i asked Taylor if he was ok with the fact that i was still mending my broken heart. I asked if dating him, while not being completely ready for a relationship, was ok. He gave me an answer. He exclaimed that he enjoyed being with me, and there was no point in rushing anything. He could wait as long as he needed to. something changed in me that night. suddenly, everything Nick put me through, was gone. I was ready to move on. At the end of the night, i dropped him off at his car. but before i drove away, i asked him a question. "Taylor Dewey Horn, will you be my boyfriend?"

So begins our Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment