Monday, June 24, 2013

J,

Today I accidentally came across pictures of you and your boyfriend. I didn’t do it on purpose, the internet suggested that he and I be friends. I guess I don’t actually know that the two of you are together. I honestly thought that seeing you with someone else would be hard, and it was... But also I am happy for you. You look happy.

I don’t know why I’m writing this message. I guess it is my own way of admitting that I’m over it all––over you. I’ve ignored the idea for so long that I just assumed that I had moved on... until a couple of weeks ago when it hit me hard again. But there was a picture of the two of you that just was incredibly adorable. He seems like he really likes you, which is a good thing. You deserve to be with that kind of person.

I hope you’re doing well. I’ll assume you graduated––with departmental colors, no doubt. I hope you’re finding work and that your dreams are coming true. I wanted you to know how much I learned from you. You taught me about stability, independence, family, love, and a slew of other things, and for that I will always be grateful.

Also, I’m very sorry for the mean things I’ve said about you. I was in a very vulnerable state when I wrote those feelings down. There was no other way of dealing with my loss, other than letting myself hate you. You are a good person and you held onto our relationship for probably far too long. Additionally, your teeth look amazing, but as I said, your old smile will always be my favorite.


Best,

DW

No comments:

Post a Comment