Sunday, May 5, 2013

Long Time

I'll be the first to admit that it has been some time since my last post, and in fact one of my Southern American friends has pointed this out recently. The fact of the matter is this: The semester that has just ended was by far one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Beginning with school, I passed all of my classes except one. I know, I'm a senior how can I afford to not pass a class... Well this class was fucking ridiculous. Grammar Style and Usage. I was hoping it would be Grammar, style, and usage, but no such class exists. Instead we learned about this weird sciency shit goes into grammatical choices. It was dumb. Not at all in defense of the oxford comma like I had hoped.

But still, I made it out on top. I worked at the testing center throughout both spring and fall semester, giving me enough cash to be able to keep from starving every day. Additionally, I held the position of Publicist this past year for AAT. This position was like a full time job for me. I managed different events, publicized different events, and attended and participated in different events. If anyone says that I don't do things for the members, I may shoot. The cool thing about all my hard work is that it was recognized. I got the AAT scholarship this year! I am so honored to be the recipient of such coolness. I'll add that to the pile of scholarships for the year. I mean to say, I am also the honored recipient of the Alex Morris Scholarship of Technical Theatre. It's a big one and with my (hopefully) tuition waiver, I can start paying off some student debts.

I moved out. I needed to. I loved living with my parents and with Lilee, and even Talisa wasn't bad... But the constant occupation of the refrigerator by half attended, never to be bothered with again, cans and bottles of various substances was enough to drive this simple man insane. Additionally, I will be significantly closer to the school, which is so cool! I'm living with my friends Eden and Veronica. They're great so far, I just hope I don't murder them for not tossing the cupcakes that have been sitting out for some time.

Tomorrow morning I start my new job at the Alumni Center. I'll be working as an office assistant. I don't know what that entails, probably office shit. I am whelmed by such a task. I also hope to continue my physical endeavors tomorrow, in way of exercise. Though, I forgot my running shoes at my parents house so unless I manage to make it back that way, I'll either forgo such endeavors or run in my Chucks...

I guess you'll be asking yourself if you care about any of the above information right about now. I don't care if you care. I care. I love all that stuff. So read it and be happy.

I'm happy.
I really am.


Love,
Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment