Sunday, July 10, 2011

Q

I concurred a great many of my fears this last weekend.

1. I rode a horse. While I've done this before, it remains to scare me. In addition to the stamped of these wild beasts, I would also frightened by the fact that we had not one of those door-handle like thingys to hold onto. The trip itself was not that bad, Quigly (my horses name) held his own and me too. He was a champ and we talked one another through the entire experience.

2. I shot the "Tube." After being assigned an inner tube, a helmet, and (if you're wearing a bikini bottom) a leather diaper, one must hike a quarter mile up a hill to find the beginning of a scary-ass water slide powered by river water. I had to sign a waver to do such an activity, and I was not excited. essecially, there is a damn at the top of the slide that collects water as you fasten yourself appropriately in the slide. When the damn is compromised, the weight of the water pushes you at warp speed down the hill into a pool at the bottom. I call it screaming, but everyone else called it a handsome "Man Cry." --I was doing that a lot.

3. I fucking zip-lined! Holy shit was that scary. Essentially, you attach yourself to a metal string and slide down a mountain. One is in control of how fast one goes by using your hand as a break... That is, of course, if the lines are dry. They were not. Fuck that shit.

All in all, I really enjoyed Buena Vista. It was very pretty, and a lot of fun. I spent an amazing two nights with my best friends and some new ones too. We sang, we drank (a little) we jumped in the pool naked. Or, at least, I did... I do that sometimes.

Costa Rica is great, but now that all the excursions are over, I'm thinking the initial appeal of the country is kind of dying. I'm ready to be home. I'm ready for some Del Taco and Monkee time.

1 comment:

  1. Derek. I love this post. First off, last time I rode a horse I wished there wasn't "one of those door-handle like thingys to hold onto." That "thingy" snapped my bra in half when I dismounted the horse. Second, I would have chickened out on the water slide and walked back down the mountain. (Trust me, I did it at 7 Peaks on a much smaller water slide.) Third, zip-lines are awesome but yes - very frightening. Lastly, I want to say that I would have jumped in naked as well, probably holding your hand. I miss you. I love you.
    -Elise

    ReplyDelete