Sunday, November 27, 2011

Many moons ago, I met a boy. I've posted about him a few times on here, but no long details have gone into describing him. I'll take this time now to do so. His name is Jaten. His parents call him Jate, and most everyone else calls him Ja'en. I may be the only one that takes time to add the T between syllables. That T connects his beginning and his end. It is worth every quarter-of-a-second that it takes to use it.

He is LDS, as is his family. Most people ask how that works, him being LDS and gay. I respond, "They haven't made an episode of HOW IT IS MADE yet, so I don't really know the logistics of it, but just like threading a bobbin, it works every time." Keep in mind I've never actually said that, but I mean to. I usually say something stupid like, "The same way feathers catch air," or "With a proper amount of Mexican food, anything is possible." Honestly, him being LDS hasn't caused any problems. You would think that it might, but I respect his choice, just like choices made by my other friends, to be religious in his way. He served his LDS mission in Argentina and still dreams of living there. Because of his mission, he now speaks Spanish fluently, and often helps me with mine. He's encouraging me to keep at it so I too can be fluent. We like to have conversations in front of non-speakers just to prove how cool we are.

Jaten lives in Bluffdale, UT. That is awful. I hate it. While the town itself is actually very quaint, it is just so damned far away! I rarely get to see him. I know, twice a week is actually quite often, but it is not really ever enough. However, it is significantly better than him living on another continent completely. I really shouldn't complain about how little I get to see him, but some of my friends at school have the exact same class schedule as their significant other. That usually means I want to punch them. We've always said that if we lived even 20 minutes closer to one another, that we would probably be married by now and have 3 children. We're pretty intense as far as liking each other goes.

His face is covered in faded brown marks with a heavy cluster of them between his eyes and his temple. He has even more on his upper back where his shoulder blades are. I like to point to random freckles and declare it the freckle of the day. Then gently kiss it and try to remember how it is shaped. I never can. His hands are soft to the touch, and even warmer when you place yours in his. His fingers fit perfectly into mine. His elbows, or so he always claims, are especially sharp. They've been mutated to be so. He has yet to come up with an XMEN name, but I have hope that he will soon. His face is chiseled to perfection, and his lips are divine. I do so enjoy kissing them. If there is one thing to say about Jaten, it is that he is extremely handsome.

A new tradition has just popped into our relationship. Every Black Friday, we're going to build a fort, have a Monkee butler, and watch a movie. This year we built it in my bedroom, had a Monkee butler, and watched the Producers. We also filmed our submission video to audition to be on the Amazing Race. We knew we were going to film it, but he didn't tell me that he pressed record until I was half way through being weird as hell. Oh well, they wanted honesty, right?

If ever you meet a red headed boy with an Argentine-shaped freckle on his right bicep. One that smells of heaven and kisses like a god. A boy who can make you laugh and cry, but chooses only to do the first, stick with him. He'll give you hope for a very happy, bright future.

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy you two found each other. i love you both. -sam

    ReplyDelete