Sunday, February 28, 2010

I still find myself asking "What happened to us?"


Every day passes, some tolerable, others less. Days go on, but they don't go un-noticed. Days have their ups and their downs. Days come seven times a week, but we don't always attend. Days rarely pass go, and never do they collect two hundred dollars. I can fill my time with things to do; work, school, friends, little projects, anything. It doesn't ever make the day shorter. It seems the only thing that does is the thing I need to learn to live without. I feel complete these days, except the one thing that I want most.

Everyone dreams of the day they fall, few anticipate the day they've realized that the feeling is no longer there. One day I will fall in love, and with my best efforts, I'll stay in that hole. Because when that day comes, that hole is where my day goes by fastest. When I get in that hole, I'll build around it, not only to shield the rain, but to block the bitter nights cold. Everyday I find myself analyzing our relationship. Wondering where the hell you went, and what day it was that you left.

Maybe tomorrow will be nothing like today. Maybe tomorrow will come, and this day will end. Tomorrow will be like yesterday, where everything is wonderful (na na na na). Today has been too long, this day has been around for too long. Call on tomorrow, call on the night. I'm not going to wonder what happened that day you left me, I'm not going to wonder why. I am going to focus on tomorrow and the happy days it brings.

Goodnight dreadful today, lets meet never again.

No comments:

Post a Comment