Monday, January 25, 2010

King of your jungle


The night belongs to the poets and the mad men,

And tonight you belong to me.

But the sunshine has died,

And, once again, we're left with nothing.

Call on the sorrows. Call on the woes.

Call on the tomorrow light.

We’ll wait for that moment you change your mind,

Retrace your steps, and find what you've lost.

I am the lion, you are my prey.

My tired legs can't keep up with your changing mind,

It runs too fast.

I always tried to be the cool best friend.

To lie to you, and hide my feelings.

To play keep away from my heart.

I always tried being the one to hold you when you needed my help.

But where were you when I told you I loved you?

It was the time I needed my best friend most,

And I still managed to watch you walk away.

You are the lion, I am your prey.

You feast on my sorrows.

You feast on my woes.

You left me alone in the tomorrow light.

You left me alone to die that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment